The Celestron SkyProdigy 6 is an innovative product crafted with truly cutting-edge technology. It is a product derived from years of research and investments in emerging technology in the field of telescope advancements. It is a revolutionary telescope equipped with a self-alignment system.
This product features a camera, electric motors and a smart computer, amongst other things. It also comes fully equipped with the exclusive StarSense technology which it utilizes to achieve automatic alignment of the telescope with absolutely no effort on the part of the user. All that is required is for the unit to be switched on, and at the push of a button, the telescope’s StarSense automatic alignment process kicks in and the user will be able to pick from thousands of objects in its database to view.
In addition to this, the Celestron SkyProdigy 6 comes with a Sky Tour feature. With this functionality, users can select from a customized list of the best objects in the sky to observe. This will come in handy for amateur astronomers who might not know exactly what celestial body to view.
CELESTRON SKYPRODIGY 6 SPECIFICATIONS
- Optical Design: Maksutov Cassegrain style, Schmidt Cassegrain style
- Product type: Mount
- Product weight: 33 pounds
- Product Dimension:16 x 38 x 55 inch
- Item model number:11076
- Focal length: 1500 mm
- Focal Ratio: 9.87
- Objective diameter : 152 mm
- Mount: Altazimuth-motorized mount
- Increase 1: 60 x
- Eye 2: 9 mm (0.35 inches)
- Increase 2: 167 x
- Theoretical maximum magnification: 359 x
- Photo resolution: 400 line/mm
- Field of View: 0.83 °
- Computer control: Fully computerized
- Speeds: 9 speeds (3 degrees/sec speed, 2 degrees /sec speed, 1 degree/sec speed, 0.5 degrees/sec speed, 2 X speed, 4 X speed, 8 X speed, 16 X speed, 32 X speed)
- Tracking rates : Lunar, solar and sidereal
- Alignment Procedure: StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Alignment and Manual alignment
FEATURES OF THE CELESTRON SKYPRODIGY 6
Like the existing SkyProdigy 130, the Celestron SkyProdigy 6 telescope has a fully automated alignment system coupled with an advanced computer control system technology. Its automated alignment system works in conjunction with the SkyX astronomy software. This software has an internal database of at least 10,000 objects and images which help to facilitate the telescope’s alignment functionality.
There are other useful accessories that are bundled with the product package, such as, the stainless steel tripod mounting platform. Also, two separate eyepieces are included in the product package, one having a focal length of 25 millimeters while the other one is of focal length 9 millimeters.
The battery pack provides power to the product unit for up to 30 hours or more.
- It can be readily assembled together without the use of tools
- It comes with a high quality steel tripod and other useful accessories
- It is able to automatically align with celestial bodies without any intervention by the product user
- Has a database of over 10,000 celestial bodies for newbies with little knowledge of telescopes or astronomy to utilize its Sky Tour feature
- The cord tends to wrap itself around the mount while the product unit is rotating
- The images taken by the smart digital camera of the telescope are not accessible to the user. They are used by the telescope internally to identify the different celestial bodies visible in the skyline and then automatically align itself accordingly
The Celestron SkyProdigy 6 telescope is a very sophisticated telescope that very easy to use and can be assembled without using any tools whatsoever. It’s Sky Tour, SkyX and self-aligning features can readily turn a newbie astronomer to an expert with its customized list of cosmic objects, hence, both newbies and experienced astronomers would benefit greatly from owning this wonderful piece of equipment.