The Celestron NexStar 130 SLT is an excellent device for anyone who wants to upgrade to a computerized telescope. The Celestron NexStar offers an alternative to the standard telescope by including an advanced computer-location system. This makes the device a lot more accessible, because you don’t have to know anything about astronomy to start using the telescope. Even though the telescope is easy to use, it doesn’t sacrifice any of the viewing power that you’d expect to find in a modern Celestron. Long-time stargazers will also appreciate the telescope’s long focal length and high maximum magnification.
- Reflector telescope
- 100 – 150 mm aperture modes
- 650 mm focal length
- 19x minimum magnification multiplier
- Focal ratio of f/5.0
- Weighs 18 lb when fully assembled
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
One of the main features of the Celestron NexStar is the computerized control panel. The telescope’s computer system allows you to automatically adjust the telescope with the push of a button. After the initial calibration, you can view over 4,000 celestial bodies that come pre-programmed into the telescope’s computer system. The computer system is battery operated, so you don’t have to have an external power source to run the telescope. This makes the device great for outdoor use on clear nights.
Along with the computerized system, the telescope comes with advanced optics. The Celestron NexStar has an advanced five-inch internal mirror that has additional light-gathering capabilities. Now you can view planets and stars with increased clarity. The telescope comes with a few different lenses and eyepieces, which allows you to switch out different magnifications depending on what you’re viewing.
- The Celestron NexStar 130 SLT has a very wide field of view compared to telescopes in a similar price range
- The telescope comes with computerized tracking
- The device is much lighter than other computerized telescopes
- Compatible with other Celestron accessory kits and eyepieces
- The device’s computer system doesn’t have a very long battery life
- The telescope is sensitive to vibration
If you have an interest in astronomy, the Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Computerized Telescope is a way to explore your passion. Many customers prefer using the Celestron to other telescopes, and the device receives high praise from most of its users. Over 80 percent reviews give the device a rating of four stars or more, and close to half of all reviews give the telescope 5 stars.