The Celestron 31045 AstroMaster is a dual-purpose telescope that works great as either a terrestrial or astronomical telescope. The device is capable of giving you very clear views of the Moon, planets, and other galaxies with minimal adjustments. The telescope comes with Celestron’s Newtonian reflectors, which reflect 50 percent more light through the telescope. This makes celestial bodies look much sharper against the night sky. When you’re not stargazing, the telescope can be modified to view terrestrial objects with stunning clarity.
- Reflector telescope
- 130 mm aperture
- 650 mm focal length
- Focal ratio of f/5.0
- Minimum magnification of 33x and maximum magnification of 65x
- Weighs 26.5 pounds when fully assembled
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The Celestron 31045 AstroMaster offers very advanced optics without breaking the bank. The device comes with a 130 mm aperture, which is very large for an amateur telescope. A lens of this size offers a high enough magnification to view celestial objects without straining your eyes. You can improve the magnification with aftermarket accessories, but the aperture is large enough to suit anyone’s needs.
The telescope has a very sturdy construction, so the tripod and body won’t bend or break during travel. The optical tube is has a metallic blue exterior that gives it the look of a professional-grade telescope. The device has a very modern design, which makes it ideal for amateur astronomers who want to upgrade to a new telescope from an older model.
Many of the device’s parts can be substituted for aftermarket accessories made by Celestron if you want to customize your telescope. If you have another tripod that you’d prefer to use, the Celestron 31045 AstroMaster’s tripod can be detached easily without any exotic tools.
- Doesn’t require any tools to set up
- Hard-mounted StarPointer, which makes sighting planets, stars, and galaxies easier
- Comes with erect image optics, which are ideal for both terrestrial and astronomical uses
- Comes with steel tripod, which provides a rigid and stable platform on most surfaces
- Some of the internal parts of the telescope are fragile, so it’s important to be careful when transporting the device
The Celestron 31045 AstroMaster 130 EQ is an excellent telescope for beginners and experts alike. The device has received positive reviews from many of its users. Over 75 percent of customers give the device a rating of 4 stars or higher, and close to half of all the reviewers give the telescope a rating of 5 stars.