Many people like to take their telescope with them on a moment’s notice. The Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope is perfect for moving around, fast set up and breakdown, and easy adjustment. If you’re a birdwatcher or a stargazer that likes to go out in the field to get the best look, you’ll appreciated the way the Celestron 21035 folds up without requiring a total breakdown of its components. It comes with its own travel backpack, so you can carry it anywhere without worrying about losing any parts or damaging the telescope.
- 2.8” diameter coated glass optical lens
- 70 mm aperture
- 400 mm focal length
- 137x maximum useful magnification with supplied lenses
- 10x lowest usable magnification
- Weighs 3.3 pounds
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
Features and Benefits
The most notable thing about the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope might be its price. It’s a capable terrestrial and celestial telescope priced more like a pair of binoculars. It’s small and light and works best if placed on a tabletop, but its tripod base can be extended to stand on the floor or the ground if you’re outside.
For a birdwatcher that needs to move around constantly to find what they’re looking for, the Celestron is perfect. It folds up in an instant, and the included backpack is great for toting it while you keep your hands free. If you’re a stargazer who likes to travel outside areas with light pollution, being able to fold the telescope up and stow it in its bag without taking it apart makes losing pieces in the dark much less likely.
Many users appreciate the wide field of view. If you’re a bird or animal watcher, it can be difficult to keep a single target in a typical telescope’s lens, but the Celestron 21035 can capture a flock of birds or a star cluster in its lens without moving it all around
- Has erect-image diagonal viewer that orients images right side-up and not reversed
- Photography-style base sets up quickly on a tabletop or standing on the ground
- Tripod and scope fold up neatly and can be carried in supplied backpack
- Altazimuth mount moves smoothly horizontally and vertically to locate objects and track them across the sky or landscape
- Much wider field of view than comparably priced refractor telescopes
- Light weight is achieved by using a lot of plastic parts
Over 70 percent of reviewers give the Celestron 21035 70mm Travel Scope at least 4 stars, and 43 percent rate it 5 stars. Users like how small the telescope is when folded up, and appreciate being able to put it in their luggage when they travel. The Celestron is very inexpensive, works well, and is highly rated by users, so it should be considered a best buy for an entry-level telescope.